This post is about the latest Mono release, and its availability for older Linux distributions.
Thankfully, Xamarin provides Mono packages for the most current Linux distributions at http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-lin.
I am building Mono packages for older Linux distributions, and some constellations not supported by Xamarin.
Here are the Mono 126.96.36.199 packages for CentOS and Fedora:
- For CentOS 7 and CentOS6 see https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/tpokorra/mono/
- For CentOS 7 32 bit see https://lbs.solidcharity.com/package/tpokorra/mono/mono-opt#master_centos/7/i686
- Fedora Rawhide already has Mono 188.8.131.52
- For Fedora 23, 24 and 25: https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/tpokorra/mono/
Here is the list of Mono 184.108.40.206 installed to /opt, for various Linux distributions:
- for Debian7, Debian8, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, OpenSUSE 13.1 and OpenSUSE 13.2: https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=home:tpokorra:mono&package=mono-opt
- for CentOS5, CentOS6, and CentOS7: https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/tpokorra/mono-opt/
For a summary of packages that I maintain for Mono, see also https://github.com/tpokorra/lbs-mono/wiki
A short status update on MonoDevelop 6:
- It seems that Jo Shields has given up on building rpm packages of MonoDevelop, and Xamarin will now provide a flatpak installation for MonoDevelop 6: https://github.com/mono/md-website/pull/54/files
- I am building my own tarball at https://lbs.solidcharity.com/package/tpokorra/mono/monodevelop-tarball. It is currently probably too big, but I download all referenced packages from nuget and include them in the tarball.
- I have made some progress building MonoDevelop 6 for Fedora. At the moment, I have disabled FSharp (cannot build it with xbuild IIRC), and code analysis as well, due to missing .NET portable reference assemblies (they are trying to open source them). https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/tpokorra/monodevelop-alpha/ If you have a chance to test it, please let me know if that would work for you, and if I should replace MonoDevelop 5.10 with that build of MonoDevelop 6.